Rental Procedures & Guidelines
- The deposit is due at the time of the booking - dates will be released if the Facility Rental Policy Contract and deposit are not returned within five working days of the initial contact with a representative of Augusta Recreation & Parks Department.
- All dates are tentative until this contract and deposit is received.
- The balance is due 30 days prior to the event. Any fees paid within 30 days of the event must be paid in cash.
- All rentals must be confirmed a full 72 hours in advance.
- All rentals are on a first come/ first serve basis.
- Minimum age requirement for renting a building is 21.
- All events must end by 12:00 midnight in all facilities.
- "Pay at the Door" Events: require pre-approval by the Director of the Augusta Recreation, Parks & Facilities Department .
- General House Rules for Rentals: please click to view General House Rules
- Teenage Rental Policy: This policy applies to any event being held for someone ages 13-20. Please click to view Teenage Rental Policy.
- Decorations: Any decorations shall be done the day of the event only.
- Tables & Chairs: A certain number of tables & chairs are available on the premises. If additional tables & chairs are needed, it will be the responsibility of the renting party to obtain.
- Facility Cleanup Guidelines: It shall be responsibility of the renting party to do their own set up and take down. Failure to take down set up will result in forfeiture of the cleanup deposit. Please click to view Facility Cleanup Guidelines.
- No smoking is allowed in any rental facility.
- For "Rental Only Facilities", payments must be made a the Administrative Office or Mailed to:
Attn: Rental Facilities
P.O. Box 5605
Augusta, GA 30916-5025
- Payments for Community Centers must be made at designated facility.
Deposits & Cancellations
The facility must be left clean, inside and outside, just as you found it. Augusta Recreation & Parks Department will not be responsible for articles left on premises. Any damages will have to be repaired by the Recreation Department or a contractor obtained by the department and will be paid for by the renting party.
The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is not liable for any injuries occurring from activities associated with the rental. Any renting party not adhering to the policy set forth in this contract will be subject to being disallowed further use of Recreation facilities in the future.This confirmation / cleanup deposit will be returned within 20 working days following the event, if warranted.
- Prior to 90 Days of date = 100%
- Between 60-90 days = 50%
- Less than 60 days = No refund
Required Supervision for all Rentals
All functions must have a department-employed superintendent on duty for the entire length of the rental. The superintendent's duty will be to admit entrance, be present, and close up at the conclusion of the event. In the event of any electrical, mechanical, or plumbing problems, it is in the best interest of the Recreation Department and the renter to have this representative on duty.
The normal working hours for the superintendent are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am through 5:00 pm. Any time that is not normal working hours shall be the responsibility of the renting party at a cost of $18.00 per hour.
Security/Fire MarshalCertain events may necessitate the presence of security from the Richmond County Sheriff's Department and/or Augusta Fire Department. That determination is made by the Augusta Recreation and Parks Department. Events with over 100 guests are required to have a Augusta Firefighter on duty during the events hours. Any event where alcohol is served (regardless of guest count) requires a Richmond County Deputy on duty during the event hours.
The fees for services shall be the responsibility of the renting party and must be paid before the event starts. Security Officers and Firefighters are paid $22.00 per hour for a minimum of four hours/ Sundays and Holidays $25.00 per hour for a minimum of four hours. Cash only.
Sale of Alcohol & Live Entertainment
The sale of alcoholic beverages at a rental facility will require a one-day Liquor Permit. Any type of live entertainment where admission is charged may require a business license. The renting party will need to contact the License and Inspection Department at (706) 312-5036. Contact needs to be made at least 30 days prior to the event.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at the Community Centers, Parks, or the Lock and Dam.