Land Bank Authority
The Augusta, Georgia Land Bank Authority’s (AGLBA) mission is to collaborate with the City of Augusta-Richmond County on community and economic development projects by providing land to be used in the production of affordable housing for low and moderate income households. The AGLBA is a non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Georgia for the public purpose of returning non-tax generating properties to a productive use. The AGLBA was formed through an inter-local agreement between the City of Augusta and Richmond County. The AGLBA works in conjunction with various city departments to facilitate the construction of affordable housing by non-profit community development organizations and private developers.
Primary Responsiblities of the AGLBA
- Works with the City of Augusta, Richmond County in the implementation of community and economic development.
- Acquire and place underutilized parcels in a productive use to generate tax revenue.
- Enhance the quality of life for residents living in targeted communities.
- Assists Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO’s), adjoining property owners and other interested parties in acquiring property.
- Transfer properties for use in developing affordable housing.
Tederell (Chris) Johnson, AGLBA-Chairman/Tax Commissioner’s Office
Alveno Ross, Board Member/Tax Assessor’s Office
Ben Hasan, Ex-Officio Board Member/Commissioner
Jarvis Sims/Maurice McDowell Board Members/Administrator’s Office
Robert Sherman, Board Member/Planning & Development Department
Mike Hearon, Board Member
Karen Gordon, Board Member
Lauren Dallas, Board Member